Date: October 8, 2014 at 11:44:45 MDT
Subject:Fwd: FORWARD TO ALL HANDS!!!; RE: Domestic Threat from ISISBU1, This has been passed down from Intelligence through the COC. Please pass on to all personnel, I advise to all scrub your accounts and reduce your visibility as a target!!!!!! Deletion of your account at this time will be an individual choice, in short I would remove association that provides identitiy, phone, address, or any other objects of concern. Thank you
The Army Intelligence Center has issued a bulletin warning military personnel to be vigilant after Islamic State militants called on supporter s to scour social media for addresses of their family members and to “show up at their homes and slaughter them.”
ISIS has begun sending tweets encouraging lone wolf attacks on military families. Would-be Mujaheddin are being told to scour facebook and social networks for members of the Armed Forces, find their home addresses and attack them. Since the beheading of Foley, over 28,000 pro-ISIS Twitter accounts have been created, with an estimated 3,400 new ones created per month. Recommend seriously curtailing social media activity in connection with the Military.
There are also several social media monitoring devices that are legal to purchase and easily obtainable such as Social Lead Freak. It is used by people who do social media marketing to generate leads. A digital marketer can input a keyword related to the product they wish to market and find Facebook groups and fan pages related to that keyword. This device will tell the marketer how many people are in these groups and connected to these pages, AND narrow down which members or subscribers have clicked on these pages in the preceding 30 days. This device then builds a Microsoft excel list of their Facebook web addresses. Digital marketers can then use these lists to send targeted invitations to view adds related to their product. Beachbody Coaches do this too.
The social media marketers for ISIS are likely using this to recruit new members. A more sinister use may be to use key words like “navy” or “military” or unit names to find pages or groups dedicated to military service or Command Facebook pages, then to track the activity of members or subscribers in order to target military families. I therefore highly recommend curtailing activity on Facebook related to the command in general. I also recommend that everyone go home and scrub their social media accounts of anything overtly military. This is not just OPSEC related. This is the social media equivalent of not wearing one’s uniform on a plane in order to make the plane on which we travel seem like a less attractive target.
[REDACTED] Training Officer
Port Hueneme CA
[CONTACT INFO REDACTED]
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @Doc_0: Hamas: We want you all to die Israel: No World Community: WHY MUST ISRAEL BE SO INTRANSIGENT? twitter.com/JonahNRO/statu… 1 hour ago
- RT @JayCaruso: B/C you have a member of Congress who decided poking a stick at the president was more important than respecting a military… 12 hours ago
- Help! @flotus kidnapped by body snatchers and secretly replaced! twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/… via @twitchyteam 18 hours ago
- RT @ellisonbarber: US Army Sgt La David Johnson met his wife when they were 6 y/o. She greeted his casket today. They have 2 young children… 23 hours ago
- RT @ZACKZODA: @joss Considering recent events & what we know about the way you treat women I would keep the condescending "sweetie" remarks… 23 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- Breaking News (@breakingnews) is shutting down. This account will be quiet while NBC plans for its future. Thank you for following us!; 9 months ago
- Turkish Interior Minister Soylu: Search continues for nightclub attacker - Reuters breakingnews.com/t/Bjft; 9 months ago
- Turkish interior minister: 16 foreigners among 39 killed in Istanbul nightclub attack - AFP bit.ly/2iSxBh7; 9 months ago
- RT @breakingpol: Trump: Hacking of US Democrats could have been 'somebody else' other than Russia; 'I know things that other people don't k…; 9 months ago
- Clemson smothers Ohio State in Fiesta Bowl, 31-0; will face Alabama in National Championship; 9 months ago
- Trump admin investigates Puerto Rico mayors for mishandling of US aid October 18, 2017
- Is NFL Management Pulling a Skillings and Fastow act of Piracy? October 18, 2017
- Is the Sisterhood Choreographing the Harvey Weinstein Reflex? October 17, 2017
- Disrespectful Lies, Washington Post and Eric Holder October 17, 2017
- Jake Tapper, Hero of Tuck-It-Back "Conservative" Twitter Clique, Has Something Important to Say October 19, 2017
- Who Paid for the Dodgy Dossier? FusionGPS Officials Plead the Fifth Amendment October 19, 2017
- Oh No, Chelsea Handler's Terrible Show Cancelled October 19, 2017
- The Morning Rant: J.V. Edition October 19, 2017
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- Beware the rape allegation bandwagon October 18, 2017 Michelle Malkin
- NY Times: Economy’s getting better, and here’s how that might kill you October 18, 2017 Doug Powers
- Dare to dream: ‘Constitutional law expert’ lays out Hillary’s path to the WH October 17, 2017 Doug Powers
- ‘Take a knee’ reaches city council level October 17, 2017 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.