Date: October 8, 2014 at 11:44:45 MDT
Subject:Fwd: FORWARD TO ALL HANDS!!!; RE: Domestic Threat from ISISBU1, This has been passed down from Intelligence through the COC. Please pass on to all personnel, I advise to all scrub your accounts and reduce your visibility as a target!!!!!! Deletion of your account at this time will be an individual choice, in short I would remove association that provides identitiy, phone, address, or any other objects of concern. Thank you
The Army Intelligence Center has issued a bulletin warning military personnel to be vigilant after Islamic State militants called on supporter s to scour social media for addresses of their family members and to “show up at their homes and slaughter them.”
ISIS has begun sending tweets encouraging lone wolf attacks on military families. Would-be Mujaheddin are being told to scour facebook and social networks for members of the Armed Forces, find their home addresses and attack them. Since the beheading of Foley, over 28,000 pro-ISIS Twitter accounts have been created, with an estimated 3,400 new ones created per month. Recommend seriously curtailing social media activity in connection with the Military.
There are also several social media monitoring devices that are legal to purchase and easily obtainable such as Social Lead Freak. It is used by people who do social media marketing to generate leads. A digital marketer can input a keyword related to the product they wish to market and find Facebook groups and fan pages related to that keyword. This device will tell the marketer how many people are in these groups and connected to these pages, AND narrow down which members or subscribers have clicked on these pages in the preceding 30 days. This device then builds a Microsoft excel list of their Facebook web addresses. Digital marketers can then use these lists to send targeted invitations to view adds related to their product. Beachbody Coaches do this too.
The social media marketers for ISIS are likely using this to recruit new members. A more sinister use may be to use key words like “navy” or “military” or unit names to find pages or groups dedicated to military service or Command Facebook pages, then to track the activity of members or subscribers in order to target military families. I therefore highly recommend curtailing activity on Facebook related to the command in general. I also recommend that everyone go home and scrub their social media accounts of anything overtly military. This is not just OPSEC related. This is the social media equivalent of not wearing one’s uniform on a plane in order to make the plane on which we travel seem like a less attractive target.
[REDACTED] Training Officer
Port Hueneme CA
[CONTACT INFO REDACTED]
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @GodfreyElfwick: Mark my words, the amount of candles I'm gonna burn tonight is going to make ISIS think long and hard before doing any… 35 minutes ago
- RT @GayPatriot: Repeal and replace. https://t.co/MlusZLj4o5 45 minutes ago
- RT @dmartosko: I've never heard of this moron. Lemme get this straight ... diversity of terror victims is a success story? https://t.co/BLB… 46 minutes ago
- RT @cdrsalamander: I can't with words ... only retweet. twitter.com/billroggio/sta… 3 hours ago
- RT @TwitchyTeam: To the safe space! Keystone pipeline announcement triggers the Left twitchy.com/dougp-3137/201… 3 hours ago
- McDonalds Twitter account just ate its own lunch
- The Perfect Coffee Table Book: “Reasons to Vote for Democrats” by Michael J. Knowles
- Tweet O the Day – #DayWithoutAWoman Special Edition
- Oh yeah! Now I remember why I lost interest in my political blog, it was because both sides suck!
- Old hermit scrambles from his cave, yells at the sky, and then goes back into his cave.
Pick Your Date
- Breaking News (@breakingnews) is shutting down. This account will be quiet while NBC plans for its future. Thank you for following us!; 2 months ago
- Turkish Interior Minister Soylu: Search continues for nightclub attacker - Reuters breakingnews.com/t/Bjft; 2 months ago
- Turkish interior minister: 16 foreigners among 39 killed in Istanbul nightclub attack - AFP bit.ly/2iSxBh7; 2 months ago
- RT @breakingpol: Trump: Hacking of US Democrats could have been 'somebody else' other than Russia; 'I know things that other people don't k…; 2 months ago
- Clemson smothers Ohio State in Fiesta Bowl, 31-0; will face Alabama in National Championship; 2 months ago
- Plumbing the Depths of Loyalty of Donald Trump’s Voter Base March 22, 2017
- Should President Trump Offer Amnesty to the Deep State Who Want to Come in From the Cold? March 21, 2017
- From My CP: Did you ever wonder why the VA is ate up from the floor up? March 21, 2017
- The Jefferson-Hamilton Handshake, the 2 x 4 Version March 20, 2017
- Ted Cruz Grills Neil Gorsuch on The Ultimate Question March 23, 2017
- RyanTrumpCare on Life Support? March 23, 2017
- A New Low for the Partisan Fanatics at CNN March 23, 2017
- Is the GOP This Stupid, Or Just Almost This Stupid? March 23, 2017
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- CNN fires back at Trump’s ‘fake news’ accusations with this bombshell March 23, 2017 Doug Powers
- Susan Rice’s compunction bypass operation was a success! March 22, 2017 Doug Powers
- Bring fugitive cop-killer Assata Shakur back ASAP! March 22, 2017 Michelle Malkin
- Al Franken overturns Judge Gorsuch’s opinion using power of absurdity vested in him by SNL March 22, 2017 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.