Date: October 8, 2014 at 11:44:45 MDT
Subject:Fwd: FORWARD TO ALL HANDS!!!; RE: Domestic Threat from ISISBU1, This has been passed down from Intelligence through the COC. Please pass on to all personnel, I advise to all scrub your accounts and reduce your visibility as a target!!!!!! Deletion of your account at this time will be an individual choice, in short I would remove association that provides identitiy, phone, address, or any other objects of concern. Thank you
The Army Intelligence Center has issued a bulletin warning military personnel to be vigilant after Islamic State militants called on supporter s to scour social media for addresses of their family members and to “show up at their homes and slaughter them.”
ISIS has begun sending tweets encouraging lone wolf attacks on military families. Would-be Mujaheddin are being told to scour facebook and social networks for members of the Armed Forces, find their home addresses and attack them. Since the beheading of Foley, over 28,000 pro-ISIS Twitter accounts have been created, with an estimated 3,400 new ones created per month. Recommend seriously curtailing social media activity in connection with the Military.
There are also several social media monitoring devices that are legal to purchase and easily obtainable such as Social Lead Freak. It is used by people who do social media marketing to generate leads. A digital marketer can input a keyword related to the product they wish to market and find Facebook groups and fan pages related to that keyword. This device will tell the marketer how many people are in these groups and connected to these pages, AND narrow down which members or subscribers have clicked on these pages in the preceding 30 days. This device then builds a Microsoft excel list of their Facebook web addresses. Digital marketers can then use these lists to send targeted invitations to view adds related to their product. Beachbody Coaches do this too.
The social media marketers for ISIS are likely using this to recruit new members. A more sinister use may be to use key words like “navy” or “military” or unit names to find pages or groups dedicated to military service or Command Facebook pages, then to track the activity of members or subscribers in order to target military families. I therefore highly recommend curtailing activity on Facebook related to the command in general. I also recommend that everyone go home and scrub their social media accounts of anything overtly military. This is not just OPSEC related. This is the social media equivalent of not wearing one’s uniform on a plane in order to make the plane on which we travel seem like a less attractive target.
[REDACTED] Training Officer
Port Hueneme CA
[CONTACT INFO REDACTED]
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @BiasedGirl: I'm sure the staff at the Red Hen in Lexington are high fiving each other and drowning in congratulatory texts.... meanwhil… 10 hours ago
- @AdamBaldwin And the funny thing is, she didn’t attack anyone, she was responding to a question about an incident.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- RT @AdamBaldwin: Whole lot of cut/copy/pasting of “Sarah Sanders is using her official White House Twitter account, which she uses as the… 23 hours ago
- RT @RedHenDC: Good morning! @PressSec went to the unaffiliated @RedHenLex last night, not to our DC-based restaurant. 1 day ago
- And in the kitchen. You forgot the most important part. Makin’ me pie. https://t.co/EnEhfMsvIc 1 day ago
Pick Your Date
- Charles Krauthammer, Pulitzer Prize winner and longtime Fox News contributor, has died at age 68. fxn.ws/2Mb078A - @FoxNews; 2 days ago
- U.S. First Lady Melania Trump is making a surprise visit to the US-Mexico border to meet with migrant children and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…; 3 days ago
- U.S. online shopping will soon become more expensive after the U.S. Supreme Court hands down ruling involving onlin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…; 3 days ago
- Sarah Netanyahu, wife of Israeli PM Netanyahu, has been charged with fraud and breach of trust over alleged misuse… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…; 3 days ago
- Facing domestic and international backlash to his admin.'s new border separation policy, President Trump says he wi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…; 4 days ago
- The Curious Case Of #PermitPatty And Our #RegulationNation June 24, 2018
- Defining Conservatism Back to Reality June 21, 2018
- What If? Are Chili Rellenos the Answer? June 21, 2018
- Words June 20, 2018
- Sunday Morning Book Thread 06-24-2018 June 24, 2018
- EMT 06/24/18 June 24, 2018
- SCaturday Overnight Open Thread (6/23/18 ) And Yoko Free June 23, 2018
- Saturday Evening Movie Thread 06-23-2018 [Hosted By: TheJamesMadison] June 23, 2018
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.