Date: October 8, 2014 at 11:44:45 MDT
Subject:Fwd: FORWARD TO ALL HANDS!!!; RE: Domestic Threat from ISISBU1, This has been passed down from Intelligence through the COC. Please pass on to all personnel, I advise to all scrub your accounts and reduce your visibility as a target!!!!!! Deletion of your account at this time will be an individual choice, in short I would remove association that provides identitiy, phone, address, or any other objects of concern. Thank you
The Army Intelligence Center has issued a bulletin warning military personnel to be vigilant after Islamic State militants called on supporter s to scour social media for addresses of their family members and to “show up at their homes and slaughter them.”
ISIS has begun sending tweets encouraging lone wolf attacks on military families. Would-be Mujaheddin are being told to scour facebook and social networks for members of the Armed Forces, find their home addresses and attack them. Since the beheading of Foley, over 28,000 pro-ISIS Twitter accounts have been created, with an estimated 3,400 new ones created per month. Recommend seriously curtailing social media activity in connection with the Military.
There are also several social media monitoring devices that are legal to purchase and easily obtainable such as Social Lead Freak. It is used by people who do social media marketing to generate leads. A digital marketer can input a keyword related to the product they wish to market and find Facebook groups and fan pages related to that keyword. This device will tell the marketer how many people are in these groups and connected to these pages, AND narrow down which members or subscribers have clicked on these pages in the preceding 30 days. This device then builds a Microsoft excel list of their Facebook web addresses. Digital marketers can then use these lists to send targeted invitations to view adds related to their product. Beachbody Coaches do this too.
The social media marketers for ISIS are likely using this to recruit new members. A more sinister use may be to use key words like “navy” or “military” or unit names to find pages or groups dedicated to military service or Command Facebook pages, then to track the activity of members or subscribers in order to target military families. I therefore highly recommend curtailing activity on Facebook related to the command in general. I also recommend that everyone go home and scrub their social media accounts of anything overtly military. This is not just OPSEC related. This is the social media equivalent of not wearing one’s uniform on a plane in order to make the plane on which we travel seem like a less attractive target.
[REDACTED] Training Officer
Port Hueneme CA
[CONTACT INFO REDACTED]
What’s a TowDog?
I work two jobs, 4X10s at one job and Thursday night 'till Sunday afternoon towing cars out of ditches, on-call 24X3. Once a month I'm a reservist in the Navy Seabees after doing four years active from '78 to '82. Don't tell me raising taxes won't hurt the little guy, I AM the little guy and I get nailed in California the same as a guy making $1 million per year.
No tip jar!
But if you wanna buy me a cuppa coffee...(Lord knows I drink a lot of coffee);
- RT @laurakfillault: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH… 44 minutes ago
- @zachjhunter @ImJustAMel @HuffPost And you'd read basic biology on sex, you'd find you're full of it 45 minutes ago
- @itsonlywords She just wanted to go to the last place it sent someone. With translations, they could pick destinations 1 hour ago
- @tduncan1972 @Tryxt3rocks @PolitiBunny Not loyalty, but fealty 3 hours ago
- @Scaramucci @tronhere @POTUS Really? Met @JimAcosta_CNN? 4 hours ago
Pick Your Date
- Breaking News (@breakingnews) is shutting down. This account will be quiet while NBC plans for its future. Thank you for following us!; 6 months ago
- Turkish Interior Minister Soylu: Search continues for nightclub attacker - Reuters breakingnews.com/t/Bjft; 6 months ago
- Turkish interior minister: 16 foreigners among 39 killed in Istanbul nightclub attack - AFP bit.ly/2iSxBh7; 6 months ago
- RT @breakingpol: Trump: Hacking of US Democrats could have been 'somebody else' other than Russia; 'I know things that other people don't k…; 6 months ago
- Clemson smothers Ohio State in Fiesta Bowl, 31-0; will face Alabama in National Championship; 6 months ago
- Ayn Rand’s Children of the Damned, a 1971 Prophecy Fulfilled July 20, 2017
- Donald Trump, the Media and the Historians July 19, 2017
- Trump approves Italian company’s plan to drill in Arctic July 18, 2017
- From My CP: Anonymous Sources report Mitch McConnell Quote “I like the Cocaine and the Whiskey too!” July 18, 2017
- New jihadist leader in Dagestan denounces Islamic State defectors February 16, 2015
- 21 Egyptian Christians executed in Islamic State video February 15, 2015
- Islamic State 'province' in Libya claims capture of town February 15, 2015
- Islamic State takes over large portions of town near key airbase in Anbar February 13, 2015
- New Dem slogan a BIG hit with people who make money testing slogans (open thread) July 23, 2017 Doug Powers
- Kamala Harris getting an early start on losing the 2020 election? July 22, 2017 Doug Powers
- Climate crisis getting so dire DiCaprio’s *giving up private jets (*next Wed. only) July 21, 2017 Doug Powers
- Baltimore promotes ‘nobody kill anybody’ weekend… next month July 21, 2017 Doug Powers
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.