h/t RS McCain
I’m seriously blown away by events of the last two weeks. An unprotected US Ambassador is murdered in Libya, and team Obama wants to blame it on a video, while none other than the President of Libya says it was a pre planned attack. What does team Obama think the American people are? Stupid?
Trying to follow the various conflicting excuses for Obama’s screwing up in Libya is an exercise in futility –
The Obama administration’s account of what may have happened in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi last week has evolved by the day.
At first, officials were reluctant to say whether the strike that killed four Americans including the U.S. ambassador to Libya was premeditated. Top-ranking officials ranging from White House Press Secretary Jay Carney to U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice subsequently gave briefings and went on television to claim they had no evidence the strike was pre-planned. Carney and others then began to open the door to other possibilities, as accounts emerged that there could be an Al Qaeda connection.
After more than a week, Carney said Thursday it was “self evident” the strike was terrorism. He and others continue to stick by claims, though, that there’s no evidence the attack was pre-planned.
The following is a look back at administration statements over the course of the past two weeks.
Take an aspirin, wait for it to work, then read the rest
The media may want to ignore Obama’s blunders and instead attempt to distract with the “47%” meme, but we’ve got their number.
- Jay Carney: On second thought, I guess it’s possible that that Benghazi attack was preplanned (hotair.com)
- Administration walks tightrope, in carefully worded accounts of Libya violence (foxnews.com)
- More Obama Fail: Libyan president Mohammed Magarief disputes video claim, won’t let FBI in (riehlworldview.com)
- Al Qaeda, ex-Gitmo detainee behind consulate attack, intelligence sources say (foxnews.com)
- New information suggests White House knew about pending attack on U.S. consulate in Libya (redalertpolitics.com)
- Carney Calls Libya Consulate Attack a ‘Terrorist Attack’ – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Tapper: Why No Marines at Libya Posts on 9/11? Carney: Ask State Dept. (cnsnews.com)