I know, I’m just one lone voice, you may be thinking. One paid subscription that won’t be renewing. Only one. No big deal.
As I noted earlier, your decision to cave in to the leftists who run around screaming and feigning outrage every time someone they hate slips up and says the wrong thing (even though they may later apologize, it’s never accepted, and the leftist commentators that say things that may be worse, do you drop them?) shows you to be a company I no longer want to support with my hard-earned dollars.
Yes, it’s a free country, and as you are free to advertise with whomever you feel may give you the best value for your money, I am free to support businesses in the same way.
Ironic is the fact that when I first signed up for your service, it was on Rush’s recommendation, using his discount code.
So, here’s my new data backup service in action;
Mozy online backup cost roughly twice what Carbonite did, but it protects three computers and not just one, 125gb are free, beyond that it cost extra.
As an aside to readers, I’m also playing with a free service called Zoolz, and I’ll report how that goes in a later post. I’ve used Dropbox for free for a couple of years just as a quick file transfer thingy, but they also have a paid option, haven’t tried that yet. Maybe someone who has tried it can report how that went.
So, today my Carbonite account is set to not renew in June, my online backup with them sits frozen until the day, quietly, it’ll just die.
Hope the kowtowing to the left was worth it.
- CrashPlan or Carbonite – Are Bandwidth Restrictions Throttling Your Backup? (smallbiztechnology.com)
- Slutgate: Contact Carbonite – Drop Ed Schultz (cajunconservatism.wordpress.com)
- Mozy Stash sync app takes a swipe at Dropbox (geek.com)
- A friendly note to Carbonite: I’m looking for alternatives to your service (erickbrockway.com)
- Carbonite Drops Limbaugh Despite Apology (pinkbananaworld.com)
- I Need a Back-Up Solution But I Know Who I Won’t Be Using (markamerica.com)
- Slutgate: Contact Carbonite – Drop Ed Schultz (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)