If you are the 99% I hate to see the 1%
It seems the
squatters “Occupiers” have a little problem with theft;
Stealthy thieves plundered the ramshackle living quarters of the Occupation last night, according to the New York Post, including $2500 in donations stolen from the kitchen. One protestor claimed his $5500 laptop was also taken.
Yeah, the upset occupier claimed;
“Stealing is our biggest problem at the moment,” said Nan Terrie, 18, a kitchen and legal-team volunteer from Fort Lauderdale.
“I had my Mac stolen — that was like $5,500. Every night, something else is gone. Last night, our entire [kitchen] budget for the day was stolen, so the first thing I had to do was . . . get the message out to our supporters that we needed food!”
Read the rest, there’s a healthy dose of irony in the last four paragraphs.
Think they’ll call the police? Hehe; ” Have some ID, kid? Hmmm, this picture doesn’t look like you.”
Update Via Ed Morrissey [my emphasis];
Update: Is there any such thing as a $5,500 Mac laptop? I built my own MacBook Pro with every option on the laptop itself at the Apple store, and only came up with a price of $3,447. I could also choose 6 or 12 month financing, but that would just put me in debt to the corporations, dude. It looks like Nan’s mommy and daddy bought the Mac and Nan doesn’t have a clue about its value.
Thought so. And they’re so proud of their investment, I bet.
- Occupy Wall Street miscreants stunned to find thieves in their midst (crushliberalism.com)
- What the War on Inequality Looks Like: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- #OWS Becomes A Den Of Thieves (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Hilarious: Private-Property-Seizure-Enthusiasts Find Out It Kind of Sucks Having One’s Private Property Seized (minx.cc)
- Celebrated redistributionists discover healthy respect for private property (hotair.com)